The NG facilities at Jerome are long
gone with the open pit nature of the mine. This overlay provides a
glimpse of what it would have looked like back in earlier times. Note
the wye that was located about a mile from the mine at milepost 25. The
passenger depot is also noted on the map just before milepost 26. The
engine house and turntable were located beyond milepost 26 although
they moved over the years. Passengers arriving on the UV&P were
loaded on a wagon and rode down the rather step wagon road into town.
The source maps are dated June 30, 1914.
This next image provides a closer view of the facilities at the Jerome
end of the line. Note the freight office at the lower right and dashed
lines leading to the engine house area.